June 30, 2015

Man snaps picture of raccoon on top of gator in Ocala National Forest

OCALA, Fla. — A Palatka man said he snapped a picture of a raccoon on top of an alligator in the Ocala National Forest Sunday morning.

Stephan Zapoper said he and his son Lindsey were walking along the Oaklawaha River watching alligators when his son walked through some palm fronds to get a good picture.

Zapoper said his son must have startled the raccoon, which stumbled toward the water and hopped on top of the gator that was nearby.

Zapoper was able to quickly take the unique photo before the raccoon scurried back on land.

"I snapped a lucky picture right when the gator slipped into the water and before the raccoon jumped off"

Read more here

3 comments:

zapoper said...

When I read the title of this in the back end, I thought to myself, I bet grizz did a zap and lindsey thing with that one. And sure enough. LOL

The_Mad_Subtitler said...

Well this is scary. So one of you lives in Ocala. I live in Inverness an hour southwest.

Just a side note Ocklawaha isn't spelled right. I am part Seminole/Cherokee so forgive me for pointing that out. My great grandfather took a mean indian squaw and raised a house full of kids back before the rail road was in the state.

Sometimes I hop the damn in an airboat and run the Withlacoochee river.

Mami said...

You and your son are like Samuel L Jackson, your everywhere!

Last time y'all were in New Jersey, now your in Fluorida.